Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweet kicks

As a state employee, you don't expect too many perks with the job. So I was surprised when my boss said we'd be going out to get some boots. Since we are frequently in muddy & waterlogged locations, water-proof boots are a must. Oh yeah, and a coworker pointed out that it's a good idea to protect your ankles from snakes...yikes! Presenting the newest addition to my style:


They come complete with a steel toe so if anyone causes any trouble I can kick ass. Plus, I think this trendy shoe makes me totally runway-ready. Don't be jealous of the glamorous life I lead.

Life has been pretty unexciting otherwise. Kevin was down for the count with a nasty cold last week, but recovered enough to play lumberjack on Saturday. We cut down about 5 trees in our yard, but they were all pretty small so you can hardly tell the difference. Otherwise, our days have been full of work (me) & job-searching (Kevin).

No comments: