Like the awesome employee that I am, I tried to venture to work, but after fish-tailing a few miles from home I decided to turn around. I wasn't the only one, there were over 600 closings listed on our local newschannel's website, all for only 3" of snow! The schools in the county are closed today (Wednesday) also, as some backroads are still pretty slick and North Carolina just doesn't have the equipment to keep up. A point that amuses Kevin & I is that a ton of our neighbors move their cars to the end of their driveways when it snows. I guess I'd understand if their driveway was steep so they might not be able to get out if it was icy, but some people do it for flat driveways. If you have trouble getting out of a flat driveway, I don't think you should be going anywhere! I guess it's a North Carolina thing.
Squirt didn't seem to mind the snow, but also wasn't over-the-top enthusiastic. She enjoyed eating it and running around in it, but wasn't super excited about squatting in it. I can't say I blame her. Here are a few more pictures of our winter wonderland:
No comments:
Post a Comment