Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We have to confess, our house hasn't been showing much for the Christmas spirit this year. Our wreaths, ornaments, and lights have remained (lazily) tucked away in our attic. Since we'll be away in NY, we decided to skip the tree for fear of the cats ingesting the entire thing in our absence. But have no fear, the "children" haven't suffered. Here is Squirt being presented her Christmas gift, giant rawhide bone:



Don't worry, I didn't give it to her until she said please and thank you, we require good manners in our house. Except for the crotch sniffing, we're working on that.

At first, Squirt didn't really know what to do with it. She sat next to it for a good hour and even scurried away when we moved it closer. Finally she got things figured out and dug in:




In posting this, I've realized that we didn't really get the cats any Christmas gifts. I honestly don't think they'll feel too neglected. Hobbes found a hair tie to drag around the house a few days ago, and I think that is pretty much the equivalent of Christmas for him. And Cali? Well, Hobbes puked up his dinner tonight, just a few minutes after eating (too fast, I guess). I think this is pretty much the equivalent of Christmas to Cali, since she ate it in the 15 seconds that it took me to get a paper towel to clean it up. This probably explains why Cali is fat, she prefers food that's already been partially chewed and partially digested so she doesn't have to waste the energy to do those processes herself. She's highly evolved like that. So they're pretty happy. As for us? We'll be heading to NY on Wednesday morning and staying until Sunday and are sure to be enjoying lots of family time and good food (we'll do the chewing and digesting ourselves).

No comments: