Sunday, May 3, 2009

More pets!

Our camera putzed out on us, which has made me very unmotivated to do blog updates since I can't share pictures of the deck Kevin stained, the wheels Kevin painted, the garden we're growing, and the various creatures that hang out in said garden. In the absence of our camera, I've gained 25 lbs, grown a hairy wart on my lip, and dyed my hair pink. Just kidding, but maybe I should take advantage of the absence of life documentation by doing something crazy.


We made a trip up to Md/Va a few weeks ago to attend Kevin's cousin Laura's bridal shower & bachelorette party. Well, I attended those events, Kevin hung out with the groom and other family that came to celebrate. Kevin's traveled to Memphis this weekend to do the bachelor party thing with JP, celebrating with a weekend full of beer and bbq. In a little less than a month, they will be Mr. & Mrs, and we couldn't be more thrilled for them!


I ended up a little short on my push to run a second 1/2 marathon. 10 miles short, to be exact. My knee started bothering me a few weeks before the race, and intensified to the point that I was unable to finish my last 10 mile training run the week before the race. Knowing that I couldn't push through 10, I realized that 13 was out of the question. I raced a 5K instead, and cheered my running partners Keri-Anne and Amy to the finish line for their 1/2. They did amazing, though I have to say I was a tad sad that I wasn't right there with them. And that's when I knew I was sick. Who gets sad when they can't run 13 miles? I think I'm an addict! Like any good addict, I was a total crankypants during a 3 week running hiatus, but I'm happy to say I'm getting back out there. I'm starting slow & short and hoping my body doesn't mutiny.


Kevin's job search has been...going. The job market sucks and we're trying to be patient, which if you know either of us, patience isn't something that comes naturally. Nonetheless, we're happy the summer is here with lots of weddings & weekend trips to look forward to. This is good news for the blog as well, since I guess I'll have something to talk about!

No comments: