It was really nice to have a weekend at home after so much traveling over Thanksgiving. I took Friday off to do a little Christmas shopping and spent some time baking in preperation for a cookie exchange on Saturday. We now have 7 varieties of cookies to get us through the upcoming week...it's a tough life, but somebody's got to do it. Saturday morning I met up with some friends and ran the Jingle Bell 5K. Despite the high-30's temperatures, there was no wind and the sun was out in full force, making for a fairly nice day. Kevin was there to cheer & capture some action shots.
Here's our group of runners:
I took almost 3 minutes off of my time from the last 5K I ran in June. I guess all of the endurance training from the 1/2 marathon has really made a difference. Here's a picture as I neared the finish line:
In other news, Kevin has gotten a bit of interest from the resumes he's been sending out. We're hoping he'll hear back soon on an interview he had the week before Thanksgiving, but he's finding no shortage of jobs to do around the house. Right now, he's tearing down the remaining wallpaper in our hallway/entryway and getting it prepped for paint. I wish I could say I was as motivated, but I think he's long ago accepted that he's the project initiator in our household. He spends his remaining time keeping our pets from duking it out, although we do have hope peaceful coexistence is possible, as evidenced in this picture:
I think the last bit of news is that I've accepted a new job within the same department I am currently working. It's a lateral move for me, but one that I hope will expose me to a broader range of work. I'll probably end up spending at least 1-2 days out of the office a week, which will be a welcome change from spending the entire day fixated on the computer. I'll start on Jan. 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment