This weekend was full of a variety of house projects, but I think both Kevin & I feel better to have them out of the way. First up was a thorough house cleaning, since "Operation Finish Hallway" had gotten dust on anything that didn't move or breath. After the inside work, I headed out to the front yard to do some raking. I'm hoping it was the last rake of the season, but the leaf situation in our yard is a bit insane so I know I shouldn't count on it. Meanwhile, Kevin & Jerry played under the house (hopefully) fixing our hot water heater by replacing a thermostat. I hope my family is prepared for a spa-like atmosphere in our house, because if they are lucky, they might ALL get hot water when they shower. I know, it's really amazing the kind of ammenities we offer our houseguests!
Now, on to the BEST part of our weekend! We put up our very first Christmas tree (real) & decorated our house for the holidays. We were worried how our pets might behave with the tree, but so far there haven't been any climbing attempts! They all do seem to be quite interested in the taste, though, resulting in some "Christmas puke"...ya know, puke w/ pine needles. They were polite about it, though, and puked on the tree skirt so very little cleanup was needed. Now that the house is all decorated, and my cookie baking skills have been honed (after 2 cookie exchanges!), I'm even more excited for my family to join is in celebrating our first Christmas at home in North Carolina! I'll get some pictures on here soon :)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment